New Mint user

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cyberjar09

New Mint user

Post by cyberjar09 »

Hello all.

I have been an Ubuntu user for 2 years (loving open source btw!) now and have just switched over to Mint.

I have some feedback for the Mint dev team in case you guys are listening
1. The Wi-fi takes longer than it should to kick in (15 seconds sometimes) when the laptop boots
2. Why does the "super" key not activate the menu?
3. When searching in the menu, why dosent the top entry in the filter get automatically selected? is there a need to press the up arrow?
4. BUG: When I open a folder (for instance 'home') and navigate away from it, the title of the window remains 'home'. This should not be the case. The title of the window should indicate my current folder!... right?!

I must say that I am loving this so much more than Ubuntu already (mostly because it does not eat all my precious memory while still being very aesthetically pleasing)

Keep up the great work! I will check back with more enhancements as I use the OS more.

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: New Mint user

Post by remoulder »

Welcome to Mint. Some of your comments have little relevance without reference to the version you installed. The super key was deliberately not chosen, reasons are given elsewhere, similarly for the menu search box. Re your 4th point, you will need to provide more information, perhaps a screen shot as everything works properly here, though note this is not the place to report bugs. Not a dev BTW, just a user.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
cyberjar09

Re: New Mint user

Post by cyberjar09 »

remoulder wrote:Welcome to Mint. Some of your comments have little relevance without reference to the version you installed. The super key was deliberately not chosen, reasons are given elsewhere, similarly for the menu search box. Re your 4th point, you will need to provide more information, perhaps a screen shot as everything works properly here, though note this is not the place to report bugs. Not a dev BTW, just a user.
I apologise for being so brief. I understand the need for specifics in such cases.

The version I have installed is Linux Mint 11 Kataya

Also find attached the screenshot of the problem I reported. To reproduce the problem, I launched a folder form the Menu bar called 'java' and further navigated into a folder called 'eclipse'. The contents of the folder in the screenshot belong to the eclipse folder but the title is 'java'.

Return to “Beginner Questions”