[SOLVED] Wireless

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rawmotion
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] Wireless

Post by rawmotion »

So I just installed Linux Mint on an emachine m6809 and everything seems to be working great except for the wireless. If I click on the little connection icon next to the volume icon at the bottom of the screen I see "Wireless Networks device not ready (firmware missing)"

Any suggestions as to how I might fix this?

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rawmotion
wyrdoak

Re: Wireless

Post by wyrdoak »

in terminal type inxi -N and post the output.
rawmotion
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rawmotion »

Code: Select all

Network:   Card-1 Broadcom BCM4306 802.11b/g Wireless LAN Controller driver b43-pci-bridge
           Card-2 VIA VT6102 [Rhine-II] driver via-rhine
rawmotion
wyrdoak

Post by wyrdoak »

I think this might be what you need: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 06#p481445
rawmotion
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rawmotion »

Wow it worked instantly. sudo apt-get install firmware-b43-installer

Thanks!
rawmotion

Return to “Beginner Questions”