Cant get sound through my Tv

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
razz86

Cant get sound through my Tv

Post by razz86 »

I just switched over from windows 7 to Linux Mint 11 and when i was running windows 7 i was running my sound from my video card though the HDMI cable to the tv ( Samsung 3D Tv ) can someone please explain to me STEP BY STEP simple instructions on how i can do this with Linux Mint ... thank you ever so much in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Borg

Re: Cant get sound through my Tv

Post by Borg »

Woo Hooww my first post and I can answer this :)

Look at the speaker icon on you lower right, like in Win7, left click it and a settings box comes up, pick 'OUTPUT' and it should show in there.

I've just this minute finished installing Mint and wanted to do the exact same thing :)
razz86

Post by razz86 »

Borg wrote:Woo Hooww my first post and I can answer this :)

Look at the speaker icon on you lower right, like in Win7, left click it and a settings box comes up, pick 'OUTPUT' and it should show in there.

I've just this minute finished installing Mint and wanted to do the exact same thing :)

Iv Tried this and put it to high definition audio controller digital stereo ( HDMI ) ( this is under output tab )
and under ( Hardware tab ) i have high definition audio controller

is there anything else im missing ?? cuz when i test speakers as it says i dont get a sound :( please lmk what to do :)
razz86

Post by razz86 »

is there anyone that can help me with this ?
Borg

Post by Borg »

I don't think theres anyone who can help anyone. I'm off back to Ubuntu myself.
mrjoeyman

Post by mrjoeyman »

Have you fixed it yet? I hooked up an hdmi cable to my laptop and ran it to my tv also and everything worked, sound and video, out of the box. I don't know anything to tell you except to keep searching on this site with differently worded search strings. You are bound to come up with something. Hope you find a fix.

Return to “Beginner Questions”