Tools used to develop linux mint

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
sonnet
Level 1
Level 1

Tools used to develop linux mint

Post by sonnet » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:49 am

Hi,
I'm using Mint since a while, and as I'm going to develop a distro for an universitary project for my thesis, I would like to ask which tools the developers of Mint use to remaster Ubuntu and develop the tools for Mint and which guide or howto or knowledge the needed to do what they already did.

Jay514
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Tools used to develop linux mint

Post by Jay514 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:10 am

Welcome to Linux Mint
The correct route to do this is to PM or E-Mail the Devs & you should get a response,
Jay514 :roll:
" Do Not Do Wrong Twice,That Which You Could Have Done Right The First Time"

Main = HP Pavilion DV4-1275mx - OS=Mint_CE x64KDE/LXDE,& x64Kubuntu

remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Tools used to develop linux mint

Post by remoulder » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:22 am

sonnet wrote:I would like to ask which tools the developers of Mint use to remaster Ubuntu
There's a package in the repo called mintconstructor. See http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... or#p121581
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Newbie Questions”