nepomuk backup tool

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
eipapp
Level 2
Level 2

nepomuk backup tool

Post by eipapp »

Just installed Mint 11 on my laptop and everything seems to be working fine expect for the nepomuk backup tool.
Every time I click on it I get the following "The Nepomuk backup service does not seem to be running. Backups
cannot be handled without it." How do I resolve this issue ?

Thanks for any help -
Bruce
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: nepomuk backup tool

Post by remoulder »

eipapp wrote:Mint 11 ... nepomuk backup too
Nepomuk is not a component of mint 11.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
eipapp
Level 2
Level 2

Post by eipapp »

That's interesting given that it's listed under system tools.
It came with my installation which I downloaded from the Mint website.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

eipapp wrote:It came with my installation which I downloaded from the Mint website
Nepomuk is a component of KDE and there is no Mint 11 KDE version, are you sure this is not Mint 10?

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
eipapp
Level 2
Level 2

Post by eipapp »

No, it's clearly Mint 11.
RETNUH

Post by RETNUH »

I also have mint 11 and it is listed for me as well.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

eipapp wrote:it's clearly Mint 11
In that case it's probably been part added by some package you have installed but this might not have added the necessary services to actually use it so you can ignore the error.

Return to “Beginner Questions”