Repositories question

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cliver

Repositories question

Post by cliver »

Hi all,
I'm very much a newbie to Linux Mint.
I'm a bit confused as to how repositories work. Or more specifically how I find suitable repositories for my distro.
I'm specifically looking for software from slim devices (Logitech Media Server and Sqeezeplay).
Could some kind member point me in the right direction of some reading material to explain repositories a bit more.
Thanks and regards
Clive
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: Repositories question

Post by DrHu »

All a repository is is an internet location where some software may be found, and usually for a specific OS or a specific application type..

As to your specific devices, the best place to look is within those communities for those devices, no doubt their manufacturers offer some support, or if it is just a general search on the internet, simply use the device model/name and look for answers/forums to try..

Return to “Beginner Questions”