Mint 12 themes

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tyela23

Mint 12 themes

Post by tyela23 »

I just installed the dvd version of Lisa and installed all the updates. When I go to Appearance -> Theme, all I can see is Adwaita and two high contrast themes. How can I get the cool Mint-Z and Mint-X themes, shouldn't they show up in here?

OK, found it in Advanced Settings!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Mint 12 themes

Post by remoulder »

Please delete or mark your post as solved
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
mafimafi

Post by mafimafi »

I'm going to take advantage of your knowledge and ask you if you would mind telling me where are those advanced settings you're talking about. I've been trying to change the theme to the original one and all I can find are those 3 themes you mention in your post.

thanks!
podagee

Post by podagee »

click on applications in gnome shell and it should be the first icon in the list.
to apply more themes head over to gnome-looks.org and click on gtk.3
download file and extract
now open a terminal and enter gksu nautilus and your password
press f3 to split screen
in first screen go to where you extracted folder
click on second screen and go to filesystem/usr/share/theme
now from the first screen drag and drop file in second screens theme folder and there you have it.more themes installed.
select your theme from advanced settings/theme/gtk theme
this method even works for gnome shell themes

Return to “Beginner Questions”