Minimising and getting it back?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jimisbell
Level 3
Level 3

Minimising and getting it back?

Post by jimisbell »

When using a window with Firefox and I want to go get some text from the word processor I usually minimise the Firefox window, go to the menu, open the word processor, find my document, and copy the text I want. Then go back and maximise the firefox window and I am on my way.

BUT...when I minimise ANY window on Mint 11 it disappears off the lower right of the screen never to be found again!!! Where did it go and how can I get it back???

Also, my clock keeps disappearing off the lower toolbar. I dont know what happens to it?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner. Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the decision.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Minimising and getting it back?

Post by remoulder »

jimisbell wrote:minimise ANY window on Mint 11 it disappears
Right mouse on the panel and click Add to panel, then select Window List and click Add.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
jimisbell
Level 3
Level 3

Solved!!!

Post by jimisbell »

Thanks, that was exactly what I needed.
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner. Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the decision.
dagon
Level 7
Level 7

Post by dagon »

Also <alt> + <tab> will let you walk through the open windows, minimised or not.
jimisbell
Level 3
Level 3

Post by jimisbell »

OK, that solved the open windows problem, but I still have a problem getting the clock/calendar to remain on the lower panel. It just keeps having to be reinstalled and I cant make it stay there AND I cannot find ANYWHERE that I can get the "volume" icon on the lower panel so I can adjust the volume. That was on Mint 8, but I dont see it on Mint 11. Did they remove it?
minitrucker

Post by minitrucker »

Are you using compiz?

Return to “Beginner Questions”