Some questions...

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kielmaru

Some questions...

Post by kielmaru »

I need this for my OS class and I badly need your help. So I just used unetbootin to install linux mint to a usb drive. Everything works fine, i booted mint from my usb so here are my questions:
1. whenever i shut down, and boot again on a few hours, my preferences werent saved. history of my browser, changes in appearance, etc. How can I fix that? It cant be like that because, how can I present my os on school when my prof sees it as a default appearance and not the one I customized?
2. how can i change the panel to transparent? i tried this one didnt work:http://www.techsupportalert.com/content ... rent-Panel
3. how can i install gnome shell themes? im using linux mint 10. or is there any way to install themes in it?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mank_in

Re: Some questions...

Post by mank_in »

1. Unetbootin did not save your change. Use start up disk creator in Mint Control center. It will ask how many space is allocated for save your preference . I try this with Katya and Lisa.
If you counter an error at booting, some thing like vesamenu32 blah blah blah error :D : type live
Or, you can try to install mint on USB drive ( 8 gb or greater )
2. I am never try that :lol:
3. Gnome-shell is only available for GNOME3

Return to “Beginner Questions”