[SOLVED] Menu bar on wrong monitor

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Darcy

[SOLVED] Menu bar on wrong monitor

Post by Darcy »

My panel (menu bar) is on the right monitor, it should be on the left.
I switched positions with Nvidia X server settings so the monitors are in the right position, yet the menu bar remains on the right monitor not my main monitor.

After many years of having the menu bar on the main monitor this dilemma is very aggravating.

Any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Menu bar on wrong monitor

Post by AlbertP »

When setting up TwinView in X Server Settings, check "Make this the primary display of the X screen" before applying the TwinView configuration, i.e. when both are detected but the second monitor is not yet active.

Changing the primary monitor afterwards doesn't seem to work with Gnome Shell. At least at me it doesn't.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
Darcy

Re: [SOLVED] Menu bar on wrong monitor

Post by Darcy »

I must be going blind :oops:

Thank you very much Albert !

Return to “Beginner Questions”