Way to remember key

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Arrow2Knee
Level 2
Level 2

Way to remember key

Post by Arrow2Knee » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:13 am

Hi,

I'm the only user on this laptop, and that will stay so. I'm running Mint 12. It's the first time I use Mint. Every time I want to use an application to install something or change something to the system, I need to enter my password. Is there a way how I can do it without having to retype my pass every time?

Thanks already!

Inkit
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Way to remember key

Post by Inkit » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:15 am

It's a security feature. Do you want to disable one of the features that makes Linux more secure than Windows?

Arrow2Knee
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Arrow2Knee » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:17 am

Inkit wrote:It's a security feature. Do you want to disable one of the features that makes Linux more secure than Windows?
Yup, I won't be doing anything abnormal on this one. And I won't have any problem with having to re-install the OS ;)

barko
Level 3
Level 3

Post by barko » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:56 am

In terminal:

sudo visudo

find this:

%sudo ALL=(ALL) ALL

change to this:

%sudo ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

Save and close terminal. From this point on you wont use password anymore on sudo command. Search for more options in the forum. We talked about that already many times.
Regards!

Return to “Newbie Questions”