Pls if u want to help me a bit these questions r most important for me 9,19,29,31
[SOLVED]1. Long file names to copy looool. This error got when moving my win files to the linux for few of them. Comon how limited is this? Is there tool for statistics for failed files from copy, report or whatever.
[solved]2. Is there speed type tweaking so not only boot/starting of programs is fast(like prelink) but actual system etc.
[solved]3. Is there some serious antivirus progs/firewalls, not like clamtk, which have realtime guard with it. Can i use cra@cked kaspersky here since they got linux version. Do i need to setup firewalls since it showing its not enabled even Gufw. Im reading Linux Security Quick Reference Guide but cant figure most of it. Also how to encrypt the network traffic.
[SOLVED] 4. Are there only 2 games simulations solutions - wine and virtualbox. And is there anyway to play wow as normal. How these 2 managed to use the system resourses and r they stable. Are there any paid ones which i can "use".
[SOLVED]5. Ive used tools for testing hardware like hd tune pro. It detected both failed drives i had and still have. Here there is gsmartcontrol which even doesnt shows warning, nor any bad sector at all. Is there some good alternative.
[SOLVED][8. Since gedit is absolute crap and totaly ugly. And since i need same as notepad++ to open files directly and stayed cached in its memory all the time so there isnt need for me to look for 20 files. HOw can i do that here.
9. Why in folder options in properties free space and volume r unknown for me.
18. Mint cannot detect my display, but it sees the exact model in nvidia x serv settings why is it happening.
19. With all programs closed system monitor shows both cpu cores at 10% and moving, 1.2GB used from 4GB, and 232 from 2GB swap with processes memory only of 500MB what im missing? Where r the other 700MB going.
[SOLVED]20. Got this error, from cheese and cant start the application. It shows a picture from the cam and then shutdowns.
21. bars and moving them? Is there way to cusomize. Except the ones from the tutorials that one guy was removing them at all. Also the transperent edge of the bottom bar pisses me off when fullscreen its just there with which line. How is this bar called. Also what is last 1, 2 and ! at bottom bar."Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to add a widget with type GtkImage to a GtkButton, but as a GtkBin subclass a GtkButton can only contain one widget at a time; it already contains a widget of type GtkLabel
22. have issue with some situation ive opened like 2 applications, later i opened ofc the sys monitor to check it - gedit and around 8 tabs in foxfire. Ok so i hited the hot corner and got to the menu also and boom everytime im changing the mouse pointer to other program there 100% usage on both cores. Is it only for me, and is it reported as bug? It doesnt slows so much every time but its serious.
23. ok so lets say i open software manager and just type letter S there. The window freezes my cores r goin mad to 100% cycling one after other to max in a strange way and the process mintinstall.py takes all that credit. This is for 2-3 mins depends on speed of entering or letter which is used. What to do? Isnt it bug too.
25. the close/minimize/exit buttons of windows looks like apple one, how to change it?
27. How to see size of directories, not the free space of the volume.
29. r there shortcut for the terminal commands so i can click only. Need to use launchers for scripts also like for applications?
[SOLVED]30. wanted to use onscreen keyboard for example caribou. Ive tried to turn it, it asked for logoff i did, enter, execute nothing. Where there isnt any errors, and i must investigate and ask question everywhere. Isnt it suppose to check its dependencys alone and inform what need to install? same as after updates but error change:
31. Cant see my language when i play movie. Same in subtitles when i open them they r not right encoded. Ive installed the keyboard layer and i can type. Only with vlc and changing encoding works. how to fix for others.** (-c:15633): WARNING **: AT-SPI: Error in GetItems, sender=(null), error=Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
Ill mark next to numbers solved etc. Thx.