CANT LOGIN!!!

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
randomm

CANT LOGIN!!!

Post by randomm »

Hi,

I installed mint on my computer about a month or two ago and it was working fine. Today, I used the command "sudo apt-get install curl" because i needed to use it for school, and it told me to resart to finish istallation. I restarted and got back to the login screen and it seemed to be working fine. The only issue is, now when I try to login it gives a blank screen and brings me back to the login screen again. I tried going to recovery mode and removing curl using "sudo apt-get remove curl" but that still didnt fix the problem.

Please help cuz I need to be able to use it ASAP for homework.

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Danko8321

Re: CANT LOGIN!!!

Post by Danko8321 »

Well, I've been there a couple of times and I'll tell you a couple things that could help:

First: Try using

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get purge curl
This will delete all the configuration files and (with some luck) resolve your problem.

If that fails, I would suggest you to try to login graphically as root (on login screen, click "Other" and type root) since it is an account less likely to fail loading.

If you get to login into root, try logging in into your normal accont again (I don't know why, but it has always solved that problem for me)

Just my two cents. Cheers. Hope that helps. Danko.
randomm

Post by randomm »

Thanks for the help. Unfortunetly, I tried both things, and niether solved the problem. I was able to login to root, but I still cannot login with my username and password. Any other ideas?
randomm

Post by randomm »

I still haven't gotten a solution. is there anyone that can help?

Thanks

Return to “Beginner Questions”