can I remove having a password for the screensaver!

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
ChickenPie4Tea

can I remove having a password for the screensaver!

Postby ChickenPie4Tea » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:39 am

I am a very new user (installed yesterday ) In general I like the password entry but sometimes it is over the top. I am a home user and the only person who is using this computer so having the screen go black after 5mins non-use and then having to type in a password to re-enter is too much and I dont think it should be set this way as default.
Is there a way to remove the password need for just the screensaver - I see that most of the others might be a good idea
OR if that is not easy how do I at least set the screen saver to only come on after 30mins inactivity or Never?

Oscar799
Level 19
Level 19

Re: can I remove having a password for the screensaver!

Postby Oscar799 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:42 am

I just answered your question here
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=74851&start=20#p530441
Please don't cross post - it only causes confusion

ChickenPie4Tea

Re: can I remove having a password for the screensaver!

Postby ChickenPie4Tea » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:49 am

It wasn't a question I put there but just an opinion as it seemed to be a long discussion type post on the need for passwords.
In this post however I did asks a question - how to turn it off for screensaver.
I have since found the answer.

Return to “Newbie Questions”