linux mint start

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
broser

linux mint start

Post by broser »

i dual-booted my pc with windows 7 and linux mint 11
when i click on linux mint it starts and when its almost done it waits for like 20 seconds in a terminal window where you need to log in with your user name and pasword and then you are able to use it as a normal terminal window
hope you understand what i mean
is there a way to get rid of that pause in the startup.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wiugrad2010

Re: linux mint start

Post by wiugrad2010 »

I have had this too before. Not after a dual boot, but simply a full install of Linux Mint. (and other distros I have experimented with) I wish I knew a work-around as well. I have always resorted to a new full install to get it to work, since it only takes about another 15-20 min of my time because it has only happened to me the first startup after a new install.
doktornotor
Level 4
Level 4

Post by doktornotor »

You have DELAYLOGIN set to yes in /etc/default/rcS or something?
broser

Post by broser »

i dont think so this is the file you mentioned

#
# /etc/default/rcS
#
# Default settings for the scripts in /etc/rcS.d/
#
# For information about these variables see the rcS(5) manual page.
#
# This file belongs to the "initscripts" package.

TMPTIME=0
SULOGIN=no
DELAYLOGIN=no
UTC=no
VERBOSE=no
FSCKFIX=no

Return to “Beginner Questions”