update manager glitch in mint 9

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Post Reply
truexfan81
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:40 pm
Contact:

update manager glitch in mint 9

Post by truexfan81 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:42 am

Ok when looking at the latest updates for mint 9 for some reason it was showing some kernel and xorg updates as level 3, after unchecking them and installing the rest of the upgrades they are back in levels 4 and 5. Just thought that was a little strange.

this was in mint 9 main x64

doktornotor
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: update manager glitch in mint 9

Post by doktornotor » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:01 am

Well, these levels have been already removed in newer versions altogether.

truexfan81
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:40 pm
Contact:

Re: update manager glitch in mint 9

Post by truexfan81 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:05 am

doktornotor wrote:Well, these levels have been already removed in newer versions altogether.
not true, i just installed kernel updates on my mint 12 netbook they were levels 4 and 5

doktornotor
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: update manager glitch in mint 9

Post by doktornotor » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:41 am

truexfan81 wrote:
doktornotor wrote:Well, these levels have been already removed in newer versions altogether.
not true, i just installed kernel updates on my mint 12 netbook they were levels 4 and 5
In the new version of mintupdate, there is no such thing like these (confusing) levels. The feature is removed altogether. My point - do not expect getting something fixed when it already has been fixed by removing the feature completely.

truexfan81
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:40 pm
Contact:

Re: update manager glitch in mint 9

Post by truexfan81 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:44 am

doktornotor wrote:
truexfan81 wrote:
doktornotor wrote:Well, these levels have been already removed in newer versions altogether.
not true, i just installed kernel updates on my mint 12 netbook they were levels 4 and 5
In the new version of mintupdate, there is no such thing like these (confusing) levels. The feature is removed altogether. My point - do not expect getting something fixed when it already has been fixed by removing the feature completely.
now thats funny :lol:

Post Reply

Return to “Newbie Questions”