[SOLVED] upgrading to official release from rc

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
yours-truly
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] upgrading to official release from rc

Post by yours-truly »

so this is my first time using any linux as my main os. i got a little ahead of my self and installed linux mint KDE rc taking for granted that like mac os rc i can update to the final release using software update forgetting that in windows to get to the final release you must re install the whole os so... how do i get to the final release when it is time
Last edited by yours-truly on Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: upgrading to official release from rc

Post by remoulder »

Providing you install all the updates you should end up with the final release. Occasionally a release has to be re-issued should some major change be required, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Newbie Questions”