<SOLVED> Right click context menus

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
gimme4
Level 1
Level 1

<SOLVED> Right click context menus

Post by gimme4 »

Hello everyone,
My question is this, when I am on my desktop and double click on Home, then right click on Pictures ( for example ) a context menu pops up, which is fine in itself, the problem is that the context menu is too long and i am unable to click on the last option ( usually preferences ). I have looked everywhere but have not been able to rectify this problem, I have even tried reducing the size of the font in Menu> advanced settings> Fonts, I have kept the default font of cantarell but reduced the size from 11 to 9, I cant really take it any lower otherwise I wouldn't be able to read it, is there anything else I can do to make the context menu smaller/shorter.
Im using mint 12 with gnome 3 if thats any help, I have also attached a screenshot, hope this helps.

Kind regards
Mike.

Last edited by gimme4 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
RETNUH
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Right click context menus

Post by RETNUH »

I could be way off here, but I would try adjusting the resolution.
We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak. -Albert Einstein

Formerly known as Luckydog.

Looking for me? Check the IRC I've been hanging out there.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

gimme4 wrote:context menu is too long and i am unable to click on the last option
The 'may' be a scroll arrow at the bottom to scroll the menu, if not use the arrow keys to move down.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
gimme4
Level 1
Level 1

Post by gimme4 »

I have adjusted the resolution of the screen, and the scroll arrows only appear at random times, but thanks for the quick replies guys, any more ideas ???
pluraldave
Level 5
Level 5

Post by pluraldave »

You could try a different theme. There seems to be a lot of padding in that menu compared to mine (but that could be due to changes the Gnome team have made to some general setting).
gimme4
Level 1
Level 1

Post by gimme4 »

Thanks a million for all your help guys, I solved this issue by simply going into cinnamon settings selecting panel option and placing the panel at the top of the screen instead of at the bottom, just have to get used to the panel being at the top now but i dont think it will take long, thanks again guys.

Return to “Newbie Questions”