Mint KDE - Gparted not running

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lucasvam

Mint KDE - Gparted not running

Post by lucasvam »

I've installed gparted on KDE and I simply can't open it. What this might be?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bigj231

Re: Mint KDE - Gparted not running

Post by bigj231 »

I'm not sure why it won't open. You're probably missing the Gnome libraries for it, or you aren't trying to open it as root.
I do recall there being a KDE version though. The last time i used it was about 3 years ago.

A quick search of the repositories showed me partitionmanager. The description says it is like gparted, but it uses the KDE libraries for its interface.

You can install it by typing

Code: Select all

sudo aptitude install partitionmanager
or

sudo apt-get install partitionmanager
anuragsundaram

Post by anuragsundaram »

Try starting it from terminal -
$ su
Password : <enter administrative parrword>
# gparted

In my fresh install of Mint 14 KDE it was not starting from menu.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

right click on the kde menu and open "menu editor", search for gparted and look at the command listed there
it's

gksu gparted
here and it works

Return to “Beginner Questions”