Finally..Just Linux Mint

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
espressoguy
Level 2
Level 2

Finally..Just Linux Mint

Post by espressoguy »

I just reunstalled linux mint 12, deleting windows vista...which really sucks...and taking over my whole partition.Why would you want to install a software that makes your Linux OS behave like Window$ OS. Its been a bumpy ride, but Linux is not for sissys. I would rather not use a windows program than have to install software to make the computer function as if it had windows. Your either in or your out. I am not trying to be nasty, I just think that it took me years to figure out windows so learning a new OS like linux sdould take a bit of time. Good luck.
alexalonso
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Finally..Just Linux Mint

Post by alexalonso »

espressoguy wrote:I just reunstalled linux mint 12, deleting windows vista...which really sucks...and taking over my whole partition.Why would you want to install a software that makes your Linux OS behave like Window$ OS. Its been a bumpy ride, but Linux is not for sissys. I would rather not use a windows program than have to install software to make the computer function as if it had windows. Your either in or your out. I am not trying to be nasty, I just think that it took me years to figure out windows so learning a new OS like linux sdould take a bit of time. Good luck.
Congratulations, my friend. Linux is not for sissies, as you say, but well worth all the effort to learn it :D
kernowmint
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Finally..Just Linux Mint

Post by kernowmint »

There's always dual-booting. Most Linux OSes make dual-booting with Windows a doddle, then you can take as much time as you need to learn about it and still be productive. You've then got the choice of staying with the dual-boot arrangement or moving over entirely to Linux. Mint4win is another useful way to get started.

No, Linux isn't for sissies, but you don't need a computer science degree either. Basically you just need curiosity and then a whole new world opens up for you. I never had this much fun with my computers before I came across an article about Ubuntu in a computer mag and decided to try it just out of curiosity and it all took off from there.

Return to “Newbie Questions”