Cinnamon: Showing Evolution calendar in calendar applet

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jbrendel
Level 1
Level 1

Cinnamon: Showing Evolution calendar in calendar applet

Post by jbrendel »

Hello!

I'm using the Evolution mail client and Cinnamon 1.4 on Linux Mint 12. In the past,
I used to use plain Ubuntu 10.04. While I think Cinnamon is great, I am now missing
the integration of the Evolution calendar events with the calendar applet. Under
Ubuntu, I was able to see today's events - as scheduled via Evolution calendar - just
by clicking on the calendar applet. That capability seems to be gone with Cinnamon's
calendar applet.

Is there any way to add this? Or is there maybe a plan to add this in the future?

Thank you very much...
bimsebasse

Re: Cinnamon: Showing Evolution calendar in calendar applet

Post by bimsebasse »

Yes that's one of the things currently lacking in Cinnamon compared to Gnome Shell, you can't interact with the calendar in any way.
wilo108

Post by wilo108 »

this is a big deal for me. how difficult would it be to port the standard Gnome Shell calendar applet (which does a beautiful job with this) to cinnamon? Anyone have any interest in doing this?
ianni67

Post by ianni67 »

I fully agree. Spent hours looking for a screenlet doing that, digging deep in tens of unknown web sites. :?
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

Some sort of calendar integration is in the works for Cinnamon 1.8
mfreeman
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mfreeman »

bimsebasse wrote:Some sort of calendar integration is in the works for Cinnamon 1.8
Whatever happened to this? The calendar in the date/time applet is still pretty much useless as of Cinnamon 3.4.
JLC17
Level 3
Level 3

Post by JLC17 »

mfreeman wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:10 pm
bimsebasse wrote:Some sort of calendar integration is in the works for Cinnamon 1.8
Whatever happened to this? The calendar in the date/time applet is still pretty much useless as of Cinnamon 3.4.
I agree ...

Return to “Beginner Questions”