How stable is Mint Isadora 9 LTS?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Martial-law
Level 1
Level 1

How stable is Mint Isadora 9 LTS?

Post by Martial-law »

Hi,

I would like to know if the Mint Isadora 9 LTS is as stable as its Ubuntu counterpart? I understand that every software has bugs but the best one is the one which has the least bugs and instability. Is Mint Isadora 9 LTS really as stable as it should be? Kindly inform. :)
mintymintminty
Level 2
Level 2

Re: How stable is Mint Isadora 9 LTS?

Post by mintymintminty »

Its very stable :) All LTS versions are.
OldManHook
Level 5
Level 5

Post by OldManHook »

Martial-law wrote:Hi,

I would like to know if the Mint Isadora 9 LTS is as stable as its Ubuntu counterpart? I understand that every software has bugs but the best one is the one which has the least bugs and instability. Is Mint Isadora 9 LTS really as stable as it should be? Kindly inform. :)
Don't know how stable Ubuntu is :) Have not used it :) But Linux Mint 9 is one of the most stable Distros out No Problems Here :D
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
Gandhi
Martial-law
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Martial-law »

Good to know that Linux Mint Isadora 9 LTS is a very stable OS. I have searched the Linux Mint site and also found other versions released earlier than Isadora 9 LTS. Is there any other Linux Mint version which is more stable than Isadora 9 LTS? Also when the next Mint LTS is expected to release. A rough idea? :)
TBABill
Level 6
Level 6

Post by TBABill »

Mint 9 has another year of support left and I don't know of any more stable versions of Mint. It's rock solid just like Ubuntu 10.04. The new LTS comes out soon but I would expect a few months of time to fix bugs and further stabilize it after release.
minties
Level 2
Level 2

Post by minties »

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS(currently in beta) will be released in a few months, and Mint 13 LTS(based on 12.04) will be released about a month after that.
cwwgateway
Level 5
Level 5

Post by cwwgateway »

While 12.04 will be an LTS, it doesn't inherit complete stability. It is pretty stable (I'm running the beta 2), but it will be much more stable a few months after it comes out. Mint 9 has been out for almost 2 years, and is therefore very stable. If you're looking for stability, go with Mint 9 for the next 6-12 months and then switch to mint 13.
Dell XPS 15 l502x - Debian Testing 64-bit NetInst Xfce, SolydX 64-bit Debian Testing, SolydK 64-bit SolydXK Testing
Old Gateway Pentium 4 Desktop - Arch Linux 64-bit Xfce and SolydX 32-bit Sid

Return to “Newbie Questions”