How to resume apt-get update

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rajumukherjee

How to resume apt-get update

Post by rajumukherjee »

Due to recent update to kernel 3.16.0.34 my net connection frequently disconnects, to resume it i have to reinsert the usb modem, now the get function completes 80 percent then this happens it starts again can anyone tell me how to make it resume from where it left.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Ceilidh2

Re: How to resume apt-get update

Post by Ceilidh2 »

Due to recent update to kernel 3.16.0.34
That's probably your problem. 3.13.0-37 is the latest "trusty" kernel. None of the 16 series has been properly tested yet and may contain regressions. I suggest you reinstall 3.13.0-37 and see what happens.

Basic rule-of-thumb for newbies: if it isn't in Software Manager or Update Manager (NOT Synaptic), you don't need it.
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Re: How to resume apt-get update

Post by JeremyB »

rajumukherjee wrote:Due to recent update to kernel 3.16.0.34 my net connection frequently disconnects, to resume it i have to reinsert the usb modem, now the get function completes 80 percent then this happens it starts again can anyone tell me how to make it resume from where it left.
Open terminal and run this

Code: Select all

wget -N -t 5 -T 10 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57264241/wireless_script && \
chmod +x wireless_script && \
./wireless_script
and post the info from the wireless-info.txt file and hopefully a solution can be found for your wifi issues.

Don't worry about your kernel, 3.16.0-34 is being used in Ubuntu 14.04.2 and Ubuntu 14.10 and I had no issues with LM 17.1 and kernel 3.16.0-32

Return to “Beginner Questions”