Reboot after install then nothing

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Reboot after install then nothing

Post by 67GTA »

Could be lots of things. When the boot screen comes up with "automatic boot in 10 seconds", hit any key to go to the grub boot menu. Select "Compatibility Mode". This will boot in text mode. If it still doesn't boot, you can see if there are any error messages to help us diagnose.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Rallen replys:

Post by Rallen replys: »

Well when I reboot it looks as if the install never took place
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 67GTA »

You don't get any kind of boot screen?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
R.C.4.C.

Post by R.C.4.C. »

I have similar problem. After the part were i put name and password, quits the install. No error massage nor nothing. I had the same problem with Ubuntu 7.10, but if i installed Ubuntu 7.04 then upgraded to 7.10 with no problem. Ive tried more then 15 distros in two months and these is the one that convinced mi so far. So if you can help i will be grateful.

Sorry for mi bad english, mi language is spanish.

Thanks...

Return to “Installation & Boot”