Linux Mint 17.1 should have a grub menu background and a ful

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Brahim Salem

Linux Mint 17.1 should have a grub menu background and a ful

Post by Brahim Salem »

Linux Mint 17.1 should have a grub menu background and a fullscreen bootsplash like Ubuntu:

I think that Linux Mint 17.1 should have a grub menu background like Ubuntu because most people dual-boot Linux Mint with Windows or other distros and the current black background is ugly. The same thing applies to the bootsplash. I think it should be a fullscreen one just like Ubuntu's. I'm suggesting this because I read on the official Linux Mint blog that" A lot of new features were developed in anticipation for the upcoming releases. Cinnamon looks a lot more polished, with a new startup animation," http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2690
King Duzu

Re: Linux Mint 17.1 should have a grub menu background and a

Post by King Duzu »

I agree with you and i would like to see this added. Eye candy sure is awsome!
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

King Duzu wrote:I agree with you and i would like to see this added. Eye candy sure is awsome!
Yes indeed :mrgreen:
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Zorba wrote:Linux Mint 17.1 should have a grub menu background and a fullscreen bootsplash like Ubuntu:

I think that Linux Mint 17.1 should have a grub menu background like Ubuntu because most people dual-boot Linux Mint with Windows or other distros and the current black background is ugly. The same thing applies to the bootsplash. I think it should be a fullscreen one just like Ubuntu's. I'm suggesting this because I read on the official Linux Mint blog that" A lot of new features were developed in anticipation for the upcoming releases. Cinnamon looks a lot more polished, with a new startup animation," http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2690
Hi Zorba and others,

I agree that it would be nice if all editions of Linux Mint would install a default nice Grub screen, if it detects a new install or that no graphical Grub screen is already there.

Of course, anyone can create their own custom Grub screen right now, if they want to, see link below.

http://forum.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=193013
Last edited by phd21 on Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

I don't spend a lot of time staring at my Grub screen, so I don't really care much what it looks like.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
DeMus

Post by DeMus »

I never see it so why bother?
Ark987

Post by Ark987 »

I would love to see this, that's one of the reason that I still keep an eye on OpenSuse project.

Linux Mint deserve attention from start to end, personally I always hate the inconsistencies in linux Gui. You jump from cli to gui to end up with a gtk/qt carnival, hopefully nowdays they seem to like each other.

A decent startup screen also counts!
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Pjotr »

You can embellish your Grub menu like this:
https://sites.google.com/site/easylinux ... autifygrub

Have fun! :)
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”