Palm sync with Intrepid, still bad

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
donlinux
Level 2
Level 2

Palm sync with Intrepid, still bad

Post by donlinux »

My once small problem of not being able to sync my palm m130 to Elyssa (http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... 49&t=14104) has now grown to serious status as I've convinced my 2 associates to both purchase Dell 1525N laptops and install Mint Elyssa. None of us are able to sync our palm pilots.
I burned a Intrepid beta cd and guess what? They've not fixed the visor module. I'm assuming that this means Felicia will not work either? Outside of this, my two associates and I are very pleased with the whole Mint OS.

Any help at all outside of the above post (and yes, I tried kernelcheck and upgraded kernels but it borked my wireless and still didn't sync.) would be greatly appreciated as for now anyway, we all have shiny new laptops but have regressed to paper calendars....

Thanks,

Don
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Palm sync with Intrepid, still bad

Post by Husse »

Just about all the @#*& words are appropriate
Look at this
http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... 61&t=17052
It is supposed to be fixed - I've read about it in some topic(s) at launchpad
Will call in help
donlinux
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Palm sync with Intrepid, still bad

Post by donlinux »

Well, well, well.
Fedora 10 appears to have fixed the broken visor module. They''re using 2.6.27. and I was able to sync my palm on the first try after loading the visor module using their live cd.

My question now is this:
Can I use their visor module in Mint? and, if so, how would I go about doingit?

I really don't want to move away from this wonderful distro.

Thanks,

Return to “Hardware Support”