SOLVED DigiKam uninstalled

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
colyn

SOLVED DigiKam uninstalled

Post by colyn »

Last week I got an update for DigiKam 4.10.0 to 4.11.0 (philips ppa). After the update DigiKam had been uninstalled. Mint 17.1 KDE. The problem seems to be liblensfun0. Currently 2.8.1 is installed but 0.3.0 which is needed will not install even though it is on philips ppa. I tried the .tar.gz and even though it built properly it too will not install. Never had this happen before and then today I was installing 17.1 KDE on another machine and encountered the same problem so I know it isn't my machine. 3.5.0 is installed at the installation but it is a bit outdated. There must be a software problem elsewhere. And I might also add that I have had the newest version installed for some time now without issues till now..

Anybody have any idea how to fix this??
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: DigiKam uninstalled

Post by richyrich »

If that PPA no longer has the v4.10 that was working, and now has the 4.11 . :( . Unless you can find another PPA . . ?

Have you posted a bug report at the PPA's site ?
colyn

Re: DigiKam uninstalled

Post by colyn »

richyrich wrote:If that PPA no longer has the v4.10 that was working, and now has the 4.11 . :( . Unless you can find another PPA . . ?

Have you posted a bug report at the PPA's site ?
I just got it fixed..

For those who might be affected what I did was to go to etc/apt/preferences.d and deleted the entries which were holding the ppa back from downloading all files for whatever reason. The only thing those entries were doing were to set priority for the servers... You just need what is in the sources.list.d folder.

Mint had the entries but Kubuntu does not have them..

Return to “Software & Applications”