not able to download iso

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
houndhen
Level 2
Level 2

not able to download iso

Post by houndhen »

I have tried several times and different mirrors to download Mint 5 kde ce. I can get it started but it quits after a while.

I have not been successful at all with using Ktorrent to download. I right-click on the torrent file that downnloads and tell it to open with ktorrent. It does but the download is stalled and never starts. Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing this?

BTW. I am trying the xfce version as I write this and it seems to download correctly. Had rather have the kde version.

Thanks,
Harold
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Thanks,
Harold
rivenought

Re: not able to download iso

Post by rivenought »

I have been having the same problem with the KDE torrent for past few days. I posted the problem in the KDE thread, but no one has commented on fixing the torrent yet. All the other torrents work since I am seeding them. Maybe someone can check on that torrent and get it cranked up.
houndhen
Level 2
Level 2

Post by houndhen »

While on the Linux Mint Torrents page I clicked on LinuxMint-5-KDE.torrent and got an error message that said:Unable to connect. Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at files.lintelligence.de.

You may not have had time to fix the problem. I see your post was at 1:03 pm.
Thanks,
Harold
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

Currently the repositories and the links to the torrents are down.
I have DHT enabled and was seeding up to 230kB/s will be again later tonight.
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

ronnoc wrote:
merlwiz79 wrote:Currently the repositories and the links to the torrents are down.
I have DHT enabled and was seeding up to 230kB/s will be again later tonight.
Right now it is well seeded and healthy at LinuxTracker.com :)
Should be working know.
I assume you meant linuxtracker.org not .com.
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... cf71df04d0
houndhen
Level 2
Level 2

Post by houndhen »

I can get as far as getting ktorrent loaded with the file to be downloaded but it still is 'stalled'. No action whatsoever. If I am the only one with this problem then it must be something I am doing or not doing. Any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks,
Harold
Thanks,
Harold
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

houndhen wrote:I can get as far as getting ktorrent loaded with the file to be downloaded but it still is 'stalled'. No action whatsoever. If I am the only one with this problem then it must be something I am doing or not doing. Any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks,
Harold
For some reason, for me it says in utorrent not authorized to use this tracker.
I enable DHT and Peer Exchange and got seeds and peers to upload.
I am not uploading right now because I'm working on somethings.
houndhen
Level 2
Level 2

Post by houndhen »

I decided to try another computer with Windows XP and bittorrent. I even clicked on force start but it is doing nothing. No action whatsoever.

1st edit
I have decided to try again with just a straight download. I got to 71% once before it quit on me.
I was able to download the xfce version but prefer kde.

Harold
Thanks,
Harold
houndhen
Level 2
Level 2

Post by houndhen »

houndhen wrote:I decided to try another computer with Windows XP and bittorrent. I even clicked on force start but it is doing nothing. No action whatsoever.

1st edit
I have decided to try again with just a straight download. I got to 71% once before it quit on me.
I was able to download the xfce version but prefer kde.

Harold
Power went off so that failed.
ronnoc wrote: Use a torrent program and the link posted above. I downloaded the .iso at an average of around 700kbs. Much faster anyways. Right now there are 10 seeders up.
I tried to copy and past the link above into ktorrent but I get an error:
An error occurred while loading the torrent. The torrent is probably corrupt or is not a torrent file.
I am not that versed in the intricacies ktorrent. I must be doing something wrong or don't understand what I need to do. I am copying the link and with ktorrent open I click on File, paste torrent url. This is when I get the error.
Thanks,
Harold
houndhen
Level 2
Level 2

Post by houndhen »

ronnoc wrote: I'm not sure but I just tried the link and it worked fine. If it is not working for you go to LinuxTracker.org directly. You will find LinuxMint-5-KDE-CE.torrent right on the front page about 1/4 way down in the main 'Last Upload' window. Also note you have to register for the site in order to download .torrents. XFCE CE Edition is listed there as well.

Also note (and as a way to get this thread back on topic) the torrent links on this website may be working again as well as the direct download links. So really there should be no problems getting this .iso.

Good luck.
Thanks for you advice and input, ronnoc. I am back to trying a direct download using flashgot. I am currently at 29% after a couple of hours. Don't know why I am having so much problems with the torrent download. Lack of knowledge, most likely. :?

Harold
Thanks,
Harold

Return to “Software & Applications”