Linux Mint 17.2 “Rafaela” Xfce released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Linux Mint 17.2 “Rafaela” Xfce released!

Post by clem »

Habitual

Re: Linux Mint 17.2 “Rafaela” Xfce released!

Post by Habitual »

Thanks Clem and The Team!
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Post by rivenathos »

Many thanks go out to all involved with the newest XFCE release.
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
Current OS: LMDE 3
dXTC
Level 4
Level 4

Post by dXTC »

Thanks! I can finally make a 17.2 XFCE "rescue disk" for my netbook!

I've DL'd via torrent, and will let it seed for a while more.
dXTC
-----
IT oldie, Linux newbie, and all-around goofy fellow.
JohnBobSmith

Post by JohnBobSmith »

Just upgraded via fresh install, and I'm loving it!

A couple of notes:
-My laptop's Ralink RT3290 wifi adapter seems to be fully working and fully supported! :D
-Shutting down via the login screen sometimes causes shutdown or next boot to fail. If I can accurately pinpoint and re-produce the problem, I'll submit a bug report. Changing to the fglrx driver seems to have fixed the issue. This is likely something on my end, and not Mint 17.2.

Overall, this is an amazing release which now supports all my hardware, so I couldn't be happier. :)

Cheers to the Mint team,
JohnBobSmith
Night Wing
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Night Wing »

I did a clean install of 17.2 (Rafaela) Xfce on my HP dv4-5113cl, 14" laptop and everything went as smooth as silk on the install. The install took 12 minutes and doing all the updates afterwards took another 8 minutes. After putting Rafaela through it's paces, 17.2 runs like a champ. :D
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce
JohnBobSmith

Post by JohnBobSmith »

Yes, the speed improvements during and after install are huge! During the install, I noticed even from a DVD things seemed more responsive and quicker to load. Post install, I recall my previous XFCE system running Mint 17 (not 17.1) often took 8 seconds or so to bring up the whisker menu, and get all HD background images and custom themes loaded, bring up the panel, etc. Now from a cold boot of 17.2, that process was nearly instantaneous. About 1.5 seconds to get into firefox after login. :)

If I can, I will donate cash to such an amazing OS and community. You guys are truly incredible.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

<moderator on>
Split off a support request for "Linux Mint 17.2 Cinnamon and problem with AMD A8 7410 APU onboard GPU" from this thread announcing the release of Mint 17.2 xfce.
</moderator off>
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline
KingJulien

Post by KingJulien »

Best Xfce release yet. Thanks to everyone. :D
How-old!
Level 2
Level 2

Post by How-old! »

Yes, it's very good indeed, but had endless problems trying to install 32bit version on a 32bit machine. See comments on "Linux Mint 17.2 “Rafaela” Xfce RC released!"
dXTC
Level 4
Level 4

Post by dXTC »

I just finished updating my Lenovo Ideapad S10 netbook with 17.2 Xfce 32-bit. No serious issues here, and it kept all my desktop settings, complete with custom panel transparency. The Xfce 4.12 Appearance bug is only intermittent in my case, and since I'm a "set it and forget it" kind of guy, it's all good.

Many thanks to the Linux Mint team!
dXTC
-----
IT oldie, Linux newbie, and all-around goofy fellow.
The Dark Side

Post by The Dark Side »

Many thanks and Congratulations to the Linux Mint Team for the XFCE released !!!! Thanks again.-
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

<moderator on>
Split off a support request for "Linux Mint 17.2 “Rafaela” Xfce incorrect MD5 hashsum" from this thread announcing the release of Mint 17.2 xfce.
</moderator off>
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline

Return to “Releases & Announcements”