{SOLVED} LAMP with ZoneMinder

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
WesternSlope
Level 4
Level 4

{SOLVED} LAMP with ZoneMinder

Post by WesternSlope »

I want to install LAMP to my running Mint 17.2. Is LAMP like WAMP and the way it runs? I can run WAMP through windows, or just windows. If I install LAMP will it mess my Mint up?
Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
killer de bug

Re: LAMP

Post by killer de bug »

WesternSlope
Level 4
Level 4

Post by WesternSlope »

Thanks for the comeback. The reason I need LAMP is for ZoneMinder and my IP cams. It's what they say to use and no on the bundle, but from the tutorial here.
http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/486
Thanks again
P.S.
If anyone knows a different way of doing it. Please let me know.
kukamuumuka

Post by kukamuumuka »

WesternSlope wrote: If anyone knows a different way of doing it. Please let me know.
http://puolanka.info/tips-and-tricks/ap ... n-mint-17/
WesternSlope
Level 4
Level 4

Post by WesternSlope »

Thank you administrollaattori and doing it that way will install LAMP? Also if I do install your way. Will it mess my system up? I can see them on my Windows side, so I really don't need it, but I hate Windows.
Thanks again.
kukamuumuka

Post by kukamuumuka »

WesternSlope wrote:Thank you administrollaattori and doing it that way will install LAMP? Also if I do install your way. Will it mess my system up? I can see them on my Windows side, so I really don't need it, but I hate Windows.
Thanks again.
I use to install that way and my systems are working .. :wink:

An another way is to install Tasksel
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Tasksel
WesternSlope
Level 4
Level 4

Post by WesternSlope »

Thanks again for your reply, but will installing the server, mess my everyday Mint up where I can't use it, or will LAMP take my system over? In short. Does LAMP have to be on it's own box with nothing else?
Thanks
kukamuumuka

Post by kukamuumuka »

WesternSlope wrote:but will installing the server, mess my everyday Mint up where I can't use it, or will LAMP take my system over? In short.
You can use your computer normally. :wink:

Common sense with computing: No Wine, no weak passwords and updates installed. :wink:
WesternSlope
Level 4
Level 4

Post by WesternSlope »

Thank you. I'll try it, come back and if all went well, I'll mark the topic as Solved.
WesternSlope
Level 4
Level 4

Post by WesternSlope »

It's not going as expected. I used the Tasksel to install LAMP server. I guess it installed. It showed the files being installed, but I'm not seeing it. How do I start the server?
Thanks
WesternSlope
Level 4
Level 4

Post by WesternSlope »

Hi again administrollaattori,
I reinstalled from your site. I added in the
/etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf file adding the next lines after DocumentRoot /var/www/html

Options FollowSymLinks Indexes
AllowOverride None

to look like this.

<Directory />
Options FollowSymLinks Indexes
AllowOverride None
</Directory>

below DocumentRoot /var/www/html

Is that right?
Thanks
WesternSlope
Level 4
Level 4

Post by WesternSlope »

Thank you administrollaattori! Got the server running using your page and instructions and ZoneMinder too for my IP cams.

Return to “Beginner Questions”