nVidia display issue

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SlowPoke

nVidia display issue

Post by SlowPoke »

Hello everyone!

I have a bit of a problem. I've installed Mint XFCE on one of my machines. I also installed the nVidia driver because the machine has a GeForce 6100 integrated and I couldn't stand the 800x600 resolution that I could get without it. Now, after the install I restarted the machine. This is where it gets weird:

- At the logon screen the resolution is huge and I can only see the top-left corner of the wallpaper. I can login, "blind-mode" - I just input my credentials.
- After it logs in, the resolution is usable [something like 1280x1024] BUT the text is so small, all I get is a thin line. I can't do anything with it.

I have to say I'm a beginner with Linux and it's my first install of Mint.

I booted without the splash and everything looks good, no errors, everything's detected properly, etc.

OS - Mint XFCE Elyssa
Machine - Asus A8N-VM [GeForce 6100 onboard, 64MB], A64 3000+, 512MB DDR400 dual channel, 80GB Seagate IDE, floppy, DVD-RW. That's it.

I'm trying to install this thing to learn more about linux, but first I need a fully usable installation. Then I can dig through it :)

Please, help me out - this is so weird...

Thanks in advance! Cheers from .ro ;)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SlowPoke

Re: nVidia display issue - FIXED

Post by SlowPoke »

Fixed it! I've been looking for a solution for almost 2 hours before posting, now I found it after only a few minutes.

All I had to do is set the display model properly and that was it. It was kinda' hard with how small the text was...

Return to “Xfce”