Minimising Firefox windows closes it [Solved Self]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dnmint

Minimising Firefox windows closes it [Solved Self]

Post by dnmint »

When I minimise Firefox windows - instead of stacking up in the panel below, they are closing. I have to go thru getting the sites back.
What have I messed with?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
locutus
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Minimising Firefox windows closes it

Post by locutus »

What happens if you click on the name of the window (Firefox) in the taskbar? Mine minimizes, yours should; I have no idea what's happening on yours.
dnmint

Post by dnmint »

When I minimise either by clicking on the right hand top _ symbol or thru clicking on left top symbol & minimize, the window closes instead of getting into bottom panel.
I have Firefox 3.0.3
Pls help
locutus
Level 4
Level 4

Post by locutus »

I say again: click the tab that says Firefox in the taskbar at the bottom of your screen. What happens?

You're right, FF should not be closing when you minimize it, but is there any way around it, like I described above?
dnmint

Post by dnmint »

It does not leave a tab in the panel - taskbar. That is the problem !!!!
I lose the program I minimise & have to go all the way :(
dnmint

Re: Minimising Firefox windows closes it [Solved by Self]

Post by dnmint »

Experimented & found the answer - I think. Right click on Panel - Add to panel- scroll down to Windows list - click on iut to add- applets of open windows visible in panel.
One can also add Windows selector which will give a menu bar instead of cascaded bars.
Hope this is yuseful
:D
UKEZ

Re: Minimising Firefox windows closes it [Solved Self]

Post by UKEZ »

Thanks for your input buddy, it worked....

I was pissing about with that option and must of disabled it.... silly me!

Thanks again

Return to “Beginner Questions”