(SOLVED)Error 107

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
BoDill
Level 4
Level 4

(SOLVED)Error 107

Post by BoDill »

Hello,

When watching a video (Lady Gaga singing "New York, New York" on Youtube) I got a message in a small screen offering a fix for "Error 107" (I did NOT click on the link). When I looked up Error 107 in Google, the page said that it is not applicable to Linux. Since I am new at this, and NOT a computer whiz, I wondered if there are similar fixes, or any other types of things out there that I need to watch for. Naturally I update constantly with the notices that I get from Linux, but want to know if there is anything else I need to do.

Thanks in advance,
BoDill
Last edited by BoDill on Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desktop: OptiPlex-790 Kernel: 4.15.0-46-generic x86_64 bits: 64, Desktop: MATE 1.20.1 Distro; Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa
Laptop: Dell Latitude E6420; Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa

austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Error 107

Post by austin.texas »

I would assume that is just an advertisement from someone who wants to sell their Windows software.
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018

BoDill
Level 4
Level 4

Post by BoDill »

To "austin.texas",

Thank you for answering. I also assumed that it is just someone trying to sell something. The reason that I wrote to the FORUM was to ask if there are any such upgrades or additions for my version of LINUX that I should be aware of. Perhaps a better way of putting the question would be, "Is there a way to check, or make sure, if I have a completely up-to-date version of my LINUX (mate 17 qiana Mint 32-bit)?

Again, thanks,

BoDill
Desktop: OptiPlex-790 Kernel: 4.15.0-46-generic x86_64 bits: 64, Desktop: MATE 1.20.1 Distro; Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa

WharfRat
Level 21
Level 21

Post by WharfRat »

That's what you get for watching Lady Gaga singing :lol:

Just out of curiosity were you using Chrome :?: And if so did you check to see if the same pop-up happened with Firefox :?:

I did see this http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... 6d2?auth=1 when I googled.
ImageImage

BoDill
Level 4
Level 4

Post by BoDill »

To WarfRat and all,

Again, thank you. To answer your question, no, I wasn't using Chrome, as I don't exactly know how to. At the top of my screen there is a line that ends with "Mozilla Firefox", so I guess I'm using Firefox.

Next, can anyone answer my question: "Is there a way to check, or make sure, if I have a completely up-to-date version of my LINUX (mate 17 qiana Mint 32-bit)?"

Please note that under normal circumstances, I am not a fan of anybody, but I heard some terrific things about Gaga's performance at the Sinatra tribute, so I dug up the Youtube video (which was hard to find) and was surprised at how much I liked the performance. That does not make me a fan, but I'll give her a lot of credit for that performance.

BoDill

WharfRat
Level 21
Level 21

Post by WharfRat »

BoDill wrote:Next, can anyone answer my question: "Is there a way to check, or make sure, if I have a completely up-to-date version of my LINUX (mate 17 qiana Mint 32-bit)?"
If you apply updates from update manager or apt-get upgrade when they arrive then you're OK. If not well.....no.
ImageImage

BoDill
Level 4
Level 4

Post by BoDill »

To WarfRat and all,

Ever since I started using LINUX, I have applied updates as soon as they showed up. Since I am not confident in my computer abilities, I thought that I would ask the forum if there is anything else that I should do to make sure that I'm up-to-date, clean, etc.

Along the way, some time ago, I found this website: https://sites.google.com/site/easylinuxtipsproject/4, and I have tried a few of the "Tests" to see if I'm up to date, and I think I'm OK, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

BoDill

Return to “Newbie Questions”