software manager

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
prohc
Level 1
Level 1

software manager

Post by prohc »

I'm running mint 17.3 cinnamon and the software manager will not open. when I try to open it, a box open up to put in my password, after I do that, nothing happens. Can I uninstall the software manager and reinstall it and see if that work?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WharfRat

Re: software manager

Post by WharfRat »

prohc wrote:I'm running mint 17.3 cinnamon and the software manager will not open. when I try to open it, a box open up to put in my password, after I do that, nothing happens. Can I uninstall the software manager and reinstall it and see if that work?
Try opening it from the terminal to see if there are any error messages

Code: Select all

mintupdate
If that doesn't work try

gksudo mintupdate
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

@WharfRat:
It is about Software Manager, not Update Manager.

Obviously a misreading. So the correct command would be

mintinstall
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Cosmo. wrote:@WharfRat:
It is about Software Manager, not Update Manager.
It was late and I was tired :oops:

Thanks for correcting it :wink:
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

I don't know, how often this has happened to me. :wink: My solace is, that only there no errors do happen, where nobody is working - and even that is not sure. :roll:

Return to “Beginner Questions”