very Strange Mount Problem!???

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
knuckles

very Strange Mount Problem!???

Post by knuckles »

Ok what i have done is install Elyssa64 upgrade it to Intrepid, and update the MintTools to Felicia (so i have my own Pre-Felicia)

Her my Problem my new Base System (Hardy upgrade to Intrepid) can not mount CD's, DVD's, or USB-Drives BUT when i plug a USB-Cardreader on my PC (without an Card inside), i can too mount the others without Problems.

it isn't a Hardware Problem, because on Hardy/Elyssa it works, and in Windows to.

what is strange to, the same system i have tested befor on my VirtualBox an there, there wasn't any Problems like that. :( :(

i know it is bad too ask think about not offical systems, but perheps there is someone else having the same problem. an i thanks everyone for every tipp i can test o fix the problem.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: very Strange Mount Problem!???

Post by Husse »

Elyssa64 upgrade it to Intrepid
Please read this before upgrading
http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... 17&t=18090
This is exactly what you are not supposed to do, and all sorts of things can happen
This is not supported
knuckles

Re: very Strange Mount Problem!???

Post by knuckles »

I have no problem with it, that it is not supported, and i don't have fear to break my system, and if i break my system i know that it was my fault and has nothing to do with Ubuntu or Mint.

But i like to test such thinks, learning by doing, learning from falling, searching Problems and find solutions, learn from post's from other peoples....
So i do not ask for a perfect solution of my Problem, only perheps for tips what i can do/test/try to solve perhaps the problem.

EDIT:
I have now made with remastersys a live-system from my VBOX system and install it as main system, know everything works like a charm :D :D in my eyes the Problem were the bad-updated Config from Elyssa.
With my self-made Hybrid Intrepid/Felicia, that works very good, i see a very great Future for Mint :-)
And i'm very happy that the Flash-Problems that i had with Elyssa64 are now gone :P :P

Return to “Software & Applications”