System Tray Issues in 17.3

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
TeXaCo
Level 1
Level 1

System Tray Issues in 17.3

Post by TeXaCo »

I was running 17.2 and it was working great. I upgraded to 17.3 through the update manager and everything works great with one exception of the system tray. I can no longer scroll in drop down menus from programs running in the system tray. It also acts different including the menu's disappear faster than they used to, so if you hesitate while hover over a menu, it disappears and you have to reopen it.

Now, if I go to settings/general and turn off "Enable support for indicators (requires cinnamon restart)" option. Everything goes back to normal the way it worked in 17.2 and you can scroll again.

I would like to keep the setting on although I am not exactly sure what it does. Is there a bug anybody knows about with it?

Any help is appreciated

Cosmo.
Level 23
Level 23

Re: System Tray Issues in 17.3

Post by Cosmo. »

No, this is not a bug, but - as you found yourself - a setting.
It is arguable, if making this new feature by default to on, is a wise decision. It seems to break things in too much cases.

TeXaCo
Level 1
Level 1

Re: System Tray Issues in 17.3

Post by TeXaCo »

Thanks for your response. I just called it a bug because I don't think intent for the setting is to break the system tray when it is on

Return to “Newbie Questions”