upgrading from 5 to 6

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tatewatkins

upgrading from 5 to 6

Post by tatewatkins »

Just wondering as in ubuntu you can update from major version to the next one, can mint do this too?

I am downloading at the moment as Mint looks really, really good to the eyes and i have heard many good things about it in general too :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: upgrading from 5 to 6

Post by 67GTA »

When Mint 6 goes final, Clem should post instructions for an upgrade from 5. If I remember correctly, Mint 6 and forward is supposed to have an upgrade path like Ubuntu.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
tatewatkins

Post by tatewatkins »

That sounds good, only problem is Mint won't boot up, i get on the boot up screen and it loads and loads and then nothing?

The livecd wouldn't pick up my wireless card properly either?
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 67GTA »

Have you tried booting in compatibility mode? Hit any key before the timer runs out to select that option.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
tatewatkins

Post by tatewatkins »

Nah haven't tried that yet. May do soon.
xnostradamusx
Level 3
Level 3

Post by xnostradamusx »

please post what kind of wireless card you are using and i might have give you some assistance making that work
~cheers~

xnostradamusx

Return to “Beginner Questions”