how to upgrade from 17.2 to 17.3 (Cinnamon) ?

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
darjeeling
Level 2
Level 2

how to upgrade from 17.2 to 17.3 (Cinnamon) ?

Post by darjeeling »

Hi !!!

..probably some of you want to kill me for this question. But I really have googled this topic and could not find anything. I am still using Cinnamon 64-bits version 17.2 and would like to upgrade, but I am not sure how it works. At the beginning I was waiting for a message or I could do it with the update manager.

Is there a tutorial or could maybe someone please explain me how is the best way to upgrade?

Looking forward to your help and thanks in advance.
Darjeeling
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
barko

Re: how to upgrade from 17.2 to 17.3 (Cinnamon) ?

Post by barko »

Here you have all infos about upgrades:
http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/2.

Good luck! :)
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

To upgrade from 17.2 to 17.3, use the Update Manager. Open Update Manager, click Edit, Upgrade to Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa. You don't need all that complicated stuff in that tutorial.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
fabien85
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fabien85 »

+1 on jimallyn
the upgrades in the 17.x series are trivial via the update manager. They are safe too as they dont change your kernel and xorg so you dont run the risk of hardware incompatibility with a newer version.
Making a fresh install or a dist-upgrade via apt is a bigger hassle and runs the risk of harware incompatibility.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

darjeeling wrote:Is there a tutorial or could maybe someone please explain me how is the best way to upgrade?
Here is Clem's official instruction on how to upgrade from Mint 17.x to Mint 17.3 using Linux Mint Update Manager:
How to upgrade to Linux Mint 17.3

Side note:
Googling for official announcements / instructions is fine, but sometimes it is worthwhile having a look in the Releases & Announcements first.
E.g.: Upgrade path to 17.3 now open for all editions and How to upgrade to Linux Mint 17.3
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Flemur »

Google your title:
https://www.google.com/search?q=upgrade ... gws_rd=ssl
Two of the first three URLs returned are the same as those given in this thread.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?

Return to “Installation & Boot”