activesync working on virtualbox?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kage

activesync working on virtualbox?

Post by kage »

Hi there

My name is Karl and i'm new to Mint. I'm very impressed how good and simple everything works. I'm not new to linux. Worked the past 2 years with opensuse before that with Mepis and Mandrake.

Mint feel so good that i even want to delete xp on my laptop and install Mint sole!
BUT! i'm addicted to my pda. A HP rx5935 pocket pc with wm5. I therefore need activesync to sync and install updates and new programs with my pda.
Virtualbox is a very good program but i can't get activesync to work with xp on virtualbox.

I googled a lot the past few weeks and tried a lot of how to's but didn't find one that worked for me.

So, my main question is: does someone heave a working activesync with a pocket pc on xp/virtualbox?

And offcourse: how did you achieve that?

Thanks in advance!

Greetz
kage
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Re: activesync working on virtualbox?

Post by grimdestripador »

Linux has many palm sync programs. If you need activesync, well how about enabling USB passthrough in VirtualBox. If your pocketpc uses comm port, get a usb adapter rather than the motherboard, unless you can find a way to patch it through as well. Install XP in virtual box. Install guest additions. profit.
kage

Re: activesync working on virtualbox?

Post by kage »

grimdestripador wrote:Linux has many palm sync programs. If you need activesync, well how about enabling USB passthrough in VirtualBox. If your pocketpc uses comm port, get a usb adapter rather than the motherboard, unless you can find a way to patch it through as well. Install XP in virtual box. Install guest additions. profit.

Thank you for you reaction.
All you mentioned is tried by me. I googled if i could find anybody who has a working activesync in xp thats guest on virualbox. I tried and tried and looked on the net but no working solution.

So my main question is: does anybody has a working activesync connection on xp as guest on virtualbox?

greetz
kage

Return to “Software & Applications”