Upgrading to Mint Felicia

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: Upgrading to Mint Felicia

Post by Husse »

I did not understand this post until I looked at the subject line
No you can't use the ISO to upgrade an earlier version
From now we will have an upgrade tool. It is not ready yet :) but it will be available in a few weeks time
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xnostradamusx
Level 3
Level 3

Post by xnostradamusx »

Infrasound wrote:
Husse wrote:I did not understand this post until I looked at the subject line
No you can't use the ISO to upgrade an earlier version
From now we will have an upgrade tool. It is not ready yet :) but it will be available in a few weeks time

Will it be planted to the cd...or are you saying that this is going to be a feature on the next version of linux mint?

In other words...Will the cd be recognised immediately after i pop it in and start upgrading immediately? (upgrading from elyssa)
or is it going to be an added feature on felicia?

Thanks in advance....

BTW, linux mint should never had released the RC1 and should release it in BETA instead.
Since I don't even know that it doesn't even have automated upgrading.
And it ain't user friendly.

you want user friendliness? try the mint kde version of mint.

theyll planning to release felicia in 2 weeks time they released felicia rc1 so before they make the final release they can sort out bugs and adding some things user might want.

well my 2 cents
~cheers~

xnostradamusx
palito
Level 1
Level 1

Post by palito »

Where can I download this distro ugrader? Is there a command to upgrade mint like in ubuntu? These system are almost the same. I have tried doing dist-upgrade but it is not working. I want to upgrade. Do I need to download cd image?
Husse

Post by Husse »

Please do not quote the previous posts all the time - it makes the topic harder to read and uses up disk space
Use the dist-upgrade option with care and only when you have the correct repositories for your version of Mint enabled
There will be a tool you can use in Elyssa to upgrade to Felicia. You will be able to install it from the Software manager/Portal and then use it to upgrade

Return to “Beginner Questions”