(SOLVED) Single click in Mint 17.3?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fletcher

(SOLVED) Single click in Mint 17.3?

Post by fletcher »

I thought that I had checked all of the settings, but I am unable to find where to turn off the double-click for files. I prefer to single-click to open files, folders, etc. But I cannot locate the setting.

All help for a hopeless case would be appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Single click in Mint 17.3?

Post by Moem »

And which version of Mint 17.3 are we dealing with?

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
fletcher

Post by fletcher »

Mint 17.3 64-bit regular install.
BigEasy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by BigEasy »

I bet regular install = Cinnamon.
Windows assumes I'm stupid but Linux demands proof of it
JosephM
Level 6
Level 6

Post by JosephM »

In nemo it's Edit->Preferences and on the behavior tab "Single click to open items"
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.
fletcher

Post by fletcher »

Thank you JosephM. I always feel like a bonehead when simple things are pointed out to me.

Return to “Beginner Questions”