Voting in the Community

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
amethyst_igor

Voting in the Community

Post by amethyst_igor »

I received a note from lib2know suggesting that Community tutorial voting may have a problem.

"Hi :)
I just voted for your tutorial:
How to Change Font Color on the Linux Mint Xfce Desktop

Before I voted it had 13 votes and score 12.
By _promoting_ it a vote got lost!
So votes are 12 instead of 14 ...
score is 11 instead of 13
sorry."

I don't really know what happened, but thought I would share in case there is a problem with the Community's ballots.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Voting in the Community

Post by xenopeek »

I tried promoting, demoting and don't care votes. Before I voted it had a score of 11 and 12 votes. After voting it had 13 votes. Promoting raised the score to 12, demoting lowered it to 10, and don't care restored it to 11. Seems to be working fine; perhaps lib2know was mistaken and misremembered the number of votes and score before he voted.
Crewp

Post by Crewp »

Not sure about this, but since the hack and fixes, a lot of accounts have been deleted, meaning all the votes on ideas and tutorials as well as ideas and tutorials we have posted, are gone. Maybe that has something to do with this.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

That was done a while ago though. Clem deleted very old accounts, with less than 10 xp.
amethyst_igor

Post by amethyst_igor »

I've not noticed any problem with the voting before, so perhaps it is just a fluke. Thanks Xenopeek for your efforts.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”