data disc created using windows

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Well, you don't need anything special... Linux should read the data on the disc without any problem.. unless you're burning a special filesystem on the DVD.. it's supposed to be ISO-9660.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bigbearomaha
Level 3
Level 3

Post by bigbearomaha »

Unless your using a cd rw and made the disc using the drag to disc software, then it is seen as closed by any non roxio or nero system.

or the regular cd disc you made was not closed, then again, it won't be available except to the program you made it with

Big Bear

edit yes, I see you said dvd, not cd, just throwing ideas out for anyone else who might build off this.
carlos
Level 4
Level 4

Post by carlos »

Are you dragging and dropping the iso to be burned? I know in nero, you actually have to choose "burn iso to cd" from one of the menus on top. Draging and dropping only burns it as a data file on the cd.
____________ ________ ______ ____ ___ __ __ _
http://www.designdrifter.com
The Purpose of Life is for DNA to reproduce.
Husse

Post by Husse »

The solution is found in the direction af bigbearomaha's answer. Look around in your settings so that you don't enable something nero/roxio specific
Also try to burn again and close the disc and be sure to use ISO 9660
Husse

Post by Husse »

Digitalzombie, what do you mean?
My Window Xp ISO works but the ISO for brea does not work.
What ISO for XP?
MD5 is checked using a MD5 checker - obvious :)
ISO 9660 (note the denomination) is selected when you burn the ISO - slowly, 2x or 4x no more

Return to “Other topics”