flash

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
thetank

flash

Post by thetank »

anyone having lag issues with the latest flash upgrade?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
knuckles

Re: flash

Post by knuckles »

i have everytime lag's with flash. I hoped that it would be better in the new version.
But i have a lot of flash-crashes while playing/loading Flash-Videos.

Flash the only think that work better on windows for me :( :(
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

What version of Mint and what version of Flash? There was a change in the naming convention in the Ubuntu repos and flash is now adobe-flashplugin instead of flashplugin-nonfree. Also, make sure you have libflashsupport installed. I have had no crashes at all with flash on my system and I am running Elyssa 32 bit/
knuckles

Post by knuckles »

for the moment i use Felicia main 32bit with the last version of adobe-flashplugin and libflashsupport, but i still crash frequently with flash-videos :(
but thanks exploder for the tip with the renamed plugin. (only to tell with other distro it is the same problem)

I hope that this problem is solved one time, and adobe give a better Linux support.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Try turning off these security settings in Firefox.

Tell me if the site I'm visiting is a suspected attack site
Tell me if the site I'm visiting is a suspected forgery

I should have mentioned this earlier. If I leave these enabled flash runs pretty choppy.
knuckles

Post by knuckles »

thanks for the tip's but it got not better. I wait for Felicia x64 RC and reinstall my system (clean install) perhaps it make thinks better

Return to “Software & Applications”