MINT won't play with 2 partitons

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Now, did you manually edit the partition table?
If you don't I don't know what happens because I never follow that route. Manually editing gives you the ability to install in the second partition, if not - post back because then we are on to something odd.
And pls also read the section about partitioning in the Community Portal of the Mint Wiki
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

when i did my laptop i had XP and sled10 on 3 partitions and a chunk of unalocated space. I installed and let mint just use the unalocated space.

If your windows can see the mandriva partitions try to get rid of them and leave it as unalocated space. this may not work since MS may think it cant handle and ext3 partition or anything not MS.

otherwise live boot and use the GUI partition tool to unalocate the mandriva partitions and then install....
or use fdisk to unalocate the mandriva partitions if you like text mode...

hope this helps.

BTW i did find the partiton tool at install abit limited in creating my own partitions to install to.
:D
Husse

Post by Husse »

BTW i did find the partiton tool at install abit limited in creating my own partitions to install to
It's GParted :)
But you need to right click to get some of the options, maybe not something you expect in an install

Return to “Installation & Boot”