Logitech K780 Multi-Device Wireless Keyboard

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ampers

Logitech K780 Multi-Device Wireless Keyboard

Post by ampers »

Hi,

Just seen this portable board on Amazon.UK and it will type on desktop, pad/tablet and smartphone just by switching a key at the top, Your tablet and phone can both slot into the top of the keyboard. I want one!!!

States Windows/Apple, Android and iPhone/iPad.

Is there any reason this won't work on Linux Mint?
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Logitech K780 Multi-Device Wireless Keyboard

Post by JeremyB »

It should work fine as it should be seen as a normal keyboard
It might give you issues in LM17 with a repeating 5 that might be fixed in 18 as I saw a patch somewhere that was reported to fix some Logitech keyboard issued.

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php ... h+keyboard
Seems to be fixed in the latest Ubuntu kernels
cpuchip

Post by cpuchip »

I own a K800 wireless keyboard and have some issues viewtopic.php?f=49&t=225306, but:

1. i use rather uncommon configuration involving an kvm switch
2. the pc hardware is quite old
ampers

Post by ampers »

It arrived today and just won't work in Linux, built in software has different keypresses to operate with Windows or Apple, and nothing to enable ot with Linux.

Alas, I will have to send it back.
powerhouse
Level 6
Level 6

Post by powerhouse »

Somehow I managed to pair my Logitech MX Master mouse without the help of the Unifying software, but the Logitech K780 bluetooth keyboard wouldn't connect to the existing unifying USB dongle.

Here is what you can do:

Install the Logitech Unifying software on any Windows 7, 8, or 10 PC/laptop, or on a Mac. Follow the manual (e.g. the K780 manual) to pair a device using the Unifying software. If needed, pair additional devices (I have two - a mouse and a keyboard).

Remove the USB dongle and install it in the Linux Mint computer you want to use. Your devices should be paired and ready to use.

Hope this helps.
Subjects of interest: Linux, vfio passthrough virtualization, photography
See my blog on virtualization, including tutorials: https://www.heiko-sieger.info/category/ ... alization/
meolar

Post by meolar »

I don't have that specific keyboard, but I have used other Logitech keyboards and mice with their Unifying USB receiver. I use them both directly and through KVM's.

To pair / unpair devices, I use the Solaar program from Daniel Pavel's ppa and it has worked well. You can read about it on

http://pwr.github.io/Solaar/

Please let me know if it works for this keyboard. Maybe I'll get one!

Return to “Hardware Support”