.mp3 files & MintMenu

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
elbecerro
Level 1
Level 1

.mp3 files & MintMenu

Post by elbecerro »

Hi everyone, well my problem is that I can't play any mp3 file. It's strange because i could do so until yesterday and I think i didn't anything to spoil this. The player starts but dissapears before playing anything. Also the preferences element has dissapeared from my mintmenu.

Hope I can get some help here. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
elbecerro
Level 1
Level 1

????

Post by elbecerro »

Did I post this in the wrong place? Or is it that nobody knows how to fix this? :(
I'm happy with Bianca, but infidelity happens. :)

Please, some help would be very appreciated.
elbecerro
Level 1
Level 1

????

Post by elbecerro »

I´m beggining to feel a little ignored... :shock:
elbecerro
Level 1
Level 1

Post by elbecerro »

Please, I need some help! It´s been a week or more since I first wrote my post, and I haven't got a single answer. Reading the forums I know this is a great community and just can't think I´m being ignored.

Thanks in advance again.
sanguinemoon
Level 2
Level 2

Post by sanguinemoon »

You can't play mp3's suddenly? I'm guessing that you still have sound in general.

Go in Synaptic and make sure the w32 codecs are still installed (You can just click the search button and search for codecs. Those will be last item) If not, install them. If they are still installed, it can't hurt to reinstall them.

This part is unlikely, but W32codecs aren't available to install or reinstall open up a terminal and type

Code: Select all

sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list 
make source you have lines that say:

Code: Select all

## MEDIBUNTU

deb http://medibuntu.sos-sts.com/repo/ edgy free non-free 
If not, copy/paste them and save the file. Then click refresh in synaptic and install.

Nobody meant to make you feel ignored :(
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Post by NiksaVel »

what player are you using to play mp3?

There is no preferences directory in mintMenu, only in general Gnome menu... to get to "preferences options" click on the Control Center, which is a shortcut to the mintConfig.
elbecerro
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks a lot for your answers

Post by elbecerro »

Thank you very much for your replies. Issue fixed. :D It was a player issue, nothing to do with mp3.

Return to “Software & Applications”