English Posts

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Distro-Don

English Posts

Post by Distro-Don »

Is there a way to only get posts that are in English on the Forum? I don't understand any other language.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: English Posts

Post by Cosmo. »

Don't go into the languages section of the forum. Where is the problem? Only in very rare cases some people write in the other boards in their own language.
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Post by austin.texas »

All posts to the forum are available to all users. It should not be any other way.
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
Distro-Don

Post by Distro-Don »

austin.texas wrote:All posts to the forum are available to all users. It should not be any other way.
Why, if they are not understood?
Mute Ant

Post by Mute Ant »

യാതൊരു ചില ആളുകൾ ഇഷ്ടമുള്ളതു ഉണ്ട്.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

@Distro-Don - Don't click on a topic that you don't understand !
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Distro-Don wrote:Why, if they are not understood?
Because somebody else might understand them. We have several people here who speak 2 or more languages. If you don't understand any other languages, maybe you should think about taking a class. Also, I have been known to use Google Translate now and then, and have actually solved problems that way.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

if a post is made in a non-english language,
the Forum Admin will move it to the appropriate Forum Area.

some N00Bs do post in the wrong area, even when in English,
but - their post will still get moved to the correct area.
Then - they contact the Forum Admin, to say that they now can't find their post,
- the trick here, is to check the Active Topics link, from the Quick links list.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Post by austin.texas »

Mute Ant wrote:യാതൊരു ചില ആളുകൾ ഇഷ്ടമുള്ളതു ഉണ്ട്.
And here is what I have to say about that:
کچھ لوگ بھی، دوسرے لوگوں کا حق ہے کہ سمجھ میں نہیں آتا.
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

¿Que dice?
norm.h
Level 5
Level 5

Post by norm.h »

austin.texas wrote:
Mute Ant wrote:യാതൊരു ചില ആളുകൾ ഇഷ്ടമുള്ളതു ഉണ്ട്.
And here is what I have to say about that:
کچھ لوگ بھی، دوسرے لوگوں کا حق ہے کہ سمجھ میں نہیں آتا.
Mor
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

norm.h wrote:Mor
Hopefully not. It's getting annoying.

What is needed is to move this thread to the chat section. The topic has nothing to do with the main (or any other) edition).
Distro-Don

Post by Distro-Don »

I think that you misunderstood my OP. I do not want to delete these posts from the forum. I just want some way to select only English posts when I read them.
norm.h
Level 5
Level 5

Post by norm.h »

Cosmo. wrote:
norm.h wrote:Mor
Hopefully not. It's getting annoying.

What is needed is to move this thread to the chat section. The topic has nothing to do with the main (or any other) edition).
Mor - Welsh for "quite so", but you're right about chat.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Distro-Don wrote:I just want some way to select only English posts when I read them.
Most of them have a title that contains words that aren't in English. And pretty much all of them are in forum sections for specific languages. So it should not be too hard not to click on them, even if you browse by 'New posts', because the forum section that every post is posted in is mentioned in the overview of new posts.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

norm.h wrote:Mor - Welsh for ...
Welsh in a thread about (non) English posts. :roll: For me this "mor" was a typo.
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

Maybe a new "filter" on the view?
search.php?search_id=unreadposts

Language is clearly shown there.
prestonR

Post by prestonR »

I don't use Google's Chrome but doesn't it feature some sort of auto translation?
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

There is a setting in Chrome to offer to translate pages that aren't in your language, but it doesn't offer to translate pages that are mostly in English but have some foreign content. (Like this page, for example.)
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

Return to “Beginner Questions”