The Mint

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
npap
Level 6
Level 6

The Mint

Post by npap »

Hello everybody,
It's good to see more and more people in the Forum. I guess, like me, they
found this distro very attractive,
This is what somebody should have done with Ubuntu long ago; give it a good and thorough sprucing up. In other words a good paint job was needed.

Of course the extra software is very desirable to most of us as long as it doesn't violate any laws.
It's a bonus to most of us newbies who have a difficult time adding software from other sources except Synaptic

The Mint is here to stay. Keep coming and spread the good word fellows
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Alephcat
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Alephcat »

here here, I have never been a fan of the default Ubuntu sludgy brown/orange blue is much nicer and Kubuntu just does not seem to work as well. The codecs are the bit that first attracted me to mint as I was fedup with trying to get codecs installed on my laptop which did not like any other distros that I tried other than Ubuntu.
anselm
Level 1
Level 1

Post by anselm »

yea it is good not to have to configure everything to get a good running system. :!: :D
npap
Level 6
Level 6

The Mint

Post by npap »

manishk wrote:Mint is here to stay for sure...!

Just a quick look into the forum and you'll see so many different flags (avatars)...that just says how far it is spreading!
Welcome India,
Isn't it wonderful to see messages coming from the wide world?
Humanity to all is the Linux moto.
Best regards
npap
npap
Level 6
Level 6

The Mint

Post by npap »

Hi cyberguy03
Linux Mint 2.0 has only been in circulation for about a month. Check the last 30 days to see where it is on the top ten list: Fourth!
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

Just put together a micro ATX linux box from mostly old parts (P4 1.6, cheap pcchips board, old ram, etc.). I Couldn't get Ubuntu edgy to install without errors, so I downloaded Linux Mint Bea and it loaded right up. Had to do a little work to get the on-board SiS 661 video working properly (I'm new to Linux), but now it works fine. Played music CD, DVD movies, and avi files without a hitch. Great distro - glad I downloaded it! :D

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”