problem with keyboard

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
xieu90

problem with keyboard

Post by xieu90 »

hi everyone
i bought a new laptop, lenovo SL500
everything sofar is ok
except one thing
volume up, down, mute, and most important , there is a key, which is like the right button of mouse,(i will call it from now on X )(it is normally between CTRL and ALT GR or between CTRL and windows key or space)

those key wont do a thing
in hotkey menu i pressed mute, volume down,up but it looks like they wont work, the X one works hardwarely because in vista i did reply and opened the menu.
so what should i do now ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AK Dave

Re: problem with keyboard

Post by AK Dave »

Keyboard shortcuts are customized through gconf-editor, although I suggest reading up on this quite a bit before you just start poking at things with gconf-editor.
xieu90

Post by xieu90 »

this is somehow like register or regedit in windows , isnt it ?
so where can i read thing about gconf editor?
AK Dave

Post by AK Dave »

Return to “Beginner Questions”